GUIDELINES FOR APPROVAL OF ACTIONS
BY NEIGHBORHOOD LAW CENTER
To enable wise NLC actions and resource allocations, approval by NLC Board of Directors should consider the following:
- Proposals for NLC action should be in writing, including pertinent status and timing information.
- Proposals should meet the NLC Mission Statement’s criteria for city-wide neighborhood advancement.
- Proposals should delineate optimal and minimal results to be attained by the proposed NLC action, along with some benchmarks for measuring progress.
- Proposals should outline potential PR impacts of NLC actions on NLC’s civic stature, image, and community support.
- Proposals should estimate available NLC resources, personal and/or financial, for achieving projected outcomes.
- Proposals should indicate risks or downsides of NLC efforts.
- Proposals should anticipate long-range civic consequences of partial or total NLC success or shortfall.